We celebrate this day in The Sons Of Cofederate Veterans and have a big dinner every year. You need to think about joining, I have thought about asking you before but never remember it when we get together.
A true Virginia holiday celebrated two Virginia heroes.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
We celebrate this day in The Sons Of Cofederate Veterans and have a big dinner every year. You need to think about joining, I have thought about asking you before but never remember it when we get together.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Great holiday. Needs to be celebrated more- much more. It is a pity that a liberal administrator a few years ago banned display of Confederate emblems at Pound. The fellow is gone now- but it is sickening to think that students would be prohibted from celebrating their heritage and foeced to swallow a liberal political agenda.
I wish people knew what the Confederate flag actually stood for. Yeah, there were slaves in the south. But the northerners treated Indians no better.
We're aware that the Civil War is over and that the south lost. But we should still be allowed to celebrate our heritage.
Actually, Robert E. Lee opposed slavery.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
In our SOCV meetings we never talk about slavery as a premise of the war, mostly all we talk about is how we can remember and try and get more respect for the soliers of the war.
This is our heritage and I include everyone on this board I am sure that 80% of the people on here had someone in their family that fought in the war. I had people on both sides.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
I'm sure I may have had people in the war. My whole family comes from SWVA and NETN pretty much, with at least the exception of my greatgrandparents on my grandmother's side who were both Hungarian and my pappaw's parents, etc.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Bookmarks